Office of Student Support Services
Salary Range: From/To
The hourly rate for this part-time position is $17.63.
Additional Job Information
HOW TO APPLY:
You may access the VBCPS application at vbschools.com.
1. (NEW APPLICANTS)-Use your cursor to point to "Employment" and a drop-down will appear, and then point to "Apply Now"
and another drop-down will appear. Click on "View Available Jobs/Manage Application".
a. On the General Information screen, select 'Supplemental' for the applicant type at the bottom of the page.
2. (CURRENT ONLINE APPLICANTS)- Use your cursor to point to "Employment? point to "Apply Now" and a drop-down will
appear. Click on "View Available Jobs/Manage Application". Log in with your Username and Password.
a. On the General Information screen, add 'Supplemental' to your applicant type.
3. On the Employment Preferences screen under Areas for which you wish to be considered, select 'AVID Tutor'.
4. In addition to completing the application, prospective hires must add the following four documents to the "Attachments"
of the employment application:
a. College Transcript(s)
b. Current résumé
c. Fall 2018 semester course schedule, (if applicable)
d. Applicants must also complete the Child Abuse and Neglect Training (CANT) to be eligible for
employment consideration. This training, which takes about an hour to complete, is available at no charge through web-
instruction at nhttp://www.dss.virginia.gov/family/cps/mandated_reporters/cwse5691/story.html. Upon completion of the
training, you should print your certificate and post it with other attachments to verify that you have met the requirement.
5. In the References section of the employment application, applicants must provide a minimum of three (3) references their
email addresses. One (1) reference must be from a college professor or supervisor.